Have You Found the Yellow Sign?
"I was turning to go into the dining-room when my eye fell upon a book bound in serpent skin, standing in a corner of the top shelf of the last bookcase." —Robert W. Chambers, "The Yellow Sign"
The King in Yellow. Robert W. Chambers’ unearthly book has inspired millions of shivering readers since the death of the Gilded Age. This beautiful, deluxe edition brings new potency to its stories of madness and romance.
Acclaimed artist Samuel Araya graces this edition of The King in Yellow with his finest work. Full-page paintings and unnerving sketches evoke the weird romance of Robert Chambers’ finest tales.
Author Kenneth Hite annotates every tale with his uniquely macabre erudition. His insights bring ever-deeper understanding of truths that only the mad or the hopeless would seek.
Designer Simeon Cogswell and publishers Dennis Detwiller and Shane Ivey present a tome that will stand with pride on any shelf. Readers will be drawn again and again to the Sign engraved in gold...to the twin suns strangely setting...to the tattered robes of the King in Yellow.
"Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city. We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali." —Robert W. Chambers, "The Yellow Sign"
- "The Repairer of Reputations"
- "The Mask"
- "In the Court of the Dragon"
- "The Yellow Sign"
- "The Demoiselle d'Ys"
- "The Prophets' Paradise"
- "The Street of the Four Winds"
- "The Street of the First Shell"
- "The Street of Our Lady of the Fields"
- "Rue Barrée"
About This Edition
- Hardcover, 8.5” wide by 11” tall
- Leather cover in a serpent-skin pattern with gold foil embossing
- About 208 pages, full color
- Full-page color plates and charcoal illustrations by Samuel Araya
- Annotations in every tale by Kenneth Hite
- Foreword by John Scott Tynes
- Limited edition of 1,200 copies